Ask the Carpet Cleaning Expert – Alex Baquiran
How Often Should I Vacuum My Carpet?
- How many people live in your home? That’s how many times you should vacuum each week, especially in high traffic lanes!
Do you have four people living in your home? Then you should definitely own a newer more-powerful vacuum and vacuum your new carpet about four times a week! Some folks may need to vacuum everyday! More people and more pets means more vacuuming for your new carpet. Want your carpet to last years longer? Then you should vacuum more often. More vacuuming may be necessary if you:
- Have more than 1 active child under the age of 10
- Have active indoor dogs, cats, ferrets etc.
- Entertain often
- Live on a farm
- Have active teens with friends coming and going,
- Live in a windy, dusty or sandy area or near the ocean beaches
- Have allergies, COPD; Asthma or other upper-respiratory issues.
- Live in a moist or humid climate.
This means you should be vacuuming practically everyday. But vacuuming everyday won’t help if you don’t have a good quality vacuum or if your vacuum is not operating at it’s peak efficiency. If your vacuum is not doing a good enough job, the dirt that penetrates the nap of your carpet will begin grinding away at the fibers. This leads to dulling of the color and matting and crushing of the pile, which in turn makes your carpet look worn out faster. And once your carpet starts to lose it’s shine and look dingy, nothing can be done to make it regain it’s original like-new shiny appearance.
Call us today, we can clean what vacuuming alone, cannot.